Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Loooong time, no blog!

Yes, it has been forever since I last blogged....so what's been going on...

I was released from the film job in late June, and have been happily unemployed since. I have been able to finally do some things that I haven't been able to do, clean the house, shave the dogs, bathe them..stuff like that. And of course, wakeboard and relax.

I've only been wakeboarding behind the boat 4 times this year. Usually, the water turns to crap and I just don't want to board. I have wakeskated a few times, though. And I have wakesurfed a few as well. I am getting a lot better at wakesurfing (goofy) this year. I have finally thrown the rope a few times and have ridden for a few seconds, trying to slash up and down (ok, not that dramatic) the wave to save it. Good stuff!


Wakesurfing on Lake Austin


Our deck project got delayed. It happens that our POA is more strict, and wanted structural plans approved by the county. That took more time as well. So finally, the county approved the plans and so has the POA. The deck is scheduled to start being built Aug 4th, Monday. It will take about 2-3 weeks per the contractor. Just to show you how long the delay was..we thought it would be finished by July 4th...but..neither our nor the contractor's fault..just paperpushing.

On another home note, we're working on renovating our master bathroom. Nothing major -- just updating it -- painting, new fixtures (since nothing matches), new lights. It's about a $500 project, will take a few days to do. But it's about time...especially since I'm home right now...just get it done.

But that's about it. Nothing too exciting going on...

2 Comments:

Blogger youngandwithit said...

We finally changed out our ugly kitchen lights. Such a simple change makes a big difference! Now we just need to tackle the rest of the house. Painting. Oh, how I dread painting.

4:48 PM  
Blogger marisa said...

It is nice that something little can make a difference. Oh, and I haaate painting, too. But love the results, so it's worth it! :)

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home