Friday, May 09, 2008

Diagnosis: Contact Dermatitis

My allergic skin reaction got worse today at work. We were cleaning up our area, with dust flying everywhere, and it flared up. I've got bumps all up my arms, and now a bit around my eyes, nose, and upper lip, and ear lobes. Now we've kind of come to the conclusion that it wasn't the liquid chemical spilled on me, but rather the fine powder from sanding the materials post-casting. Lucky me, sickly child.

So around 5, I went to our medic and talked to her. She wrote me up a form to take to an urgent care clinic to have it checked out (thankfully, work pays for it since it's under worker's comp). I was going to swing by the clinic after work, but Kit said to go ahead and go. So I went to the clinic in Bee Caves, since close to where I live. The clinic is really nice and new. I guess some things are nice living in a richy rich area. Not like some of the urgent care clinics I've been to in Austin! So anyways, the diagnosis is contact dermatitis. I got a cortizone shot in my ass, and they said it should start to clear up in about 2 days.

I took a nice hot oatmeal bath tonight, bought some kids strength benadryl (since the adult stuff kicks my ass for 3 days). I should be good to go. Work again in the morning, 6:30am!

1 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

I know this is not where I am supposed to ask and it has no relevance to this at all but I was wanting to ask you for your permission to use a picture you took of the New River Gorge Bridge to send to ABC for one of the 7 Wonders of America. I live about 30 minutes from the bridge and I did have some pictures of my own but my house burnt and I have lost them all. I haven't been able to take pictures like that due to having to replace our home along with our childrens belongings. I really do believe that the Bridge could be one of the 7 Wonders. That's why I'm asking your permission to submit your picture to ABC. Please let me know before May 16th. My e-mail addy is: kjspinks@gmail.com Thank you. Hugs, Katrina

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home