Sunday, January 20, 2008

Yessss!!! I have an apartment in Costa Rica!!! =D

So the one ad I replied to that I found on Craigslist Costa Rica has come through. I'll be renting a room out in a 2 bedroom apt from a Canadian massage therapist/hair stylist. It sounds like a nice place and sounds like it will work out well. He's looking for renters that are non-smoker, non-partier, gay friendly, nature loving, adventure seeking, peaceful and relaxed. Yes, that sounds like me!

The rent for the 4 weeks will be $600 (about $21.40/night). It sounds like a lot, but in actuality, after doing all the research, it's quite a bargain for what I'll get. I found a ton of rentals in the $1000 range -- from dumpy to okay. To give you an idea of more budget places, the hostels are going for about $24/night for a private w/shared bathroom. Others were going for $50/night for private with bathroom. I wanted to stay away from the hostels since I'll be studying and the last thing I want to deal with is a bunch of young 18-20-somethings partying all night long. Been there, done that, and over it!

I'm extremely excited. I had been looking pretty much every day for a place to stay. And not finding anything was worrying me a bit. This eases my mind a bit. Yay!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger youngandwithit said...

Yay! I'm glad it worked out!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home