Monday, November 12, 2007

November’s warm weather...I can’t complain!

I'm a Texan at heart..have lived here the majority of my life. And when it comes to the weather...it's almost mid November and still in the 80s. Fall..what's fall?

We took advantage of the nice weather on Saturday and went wakeboarding on Lake Austin with Stef, who was going to be on his way out of the country later in the early afternoon. We fit in an early morning session, starting around 7:30am.

The temperature was fine, even the water temperature was not as cold as I thought it would be. I was fine with a heater shirt. The wind, however, sucked. Chop, then butter, then chop, then butter...you just had to know where to go. Regardless, we had a good time.

I didn't do anything exceptionally special, except for the fact that I finally crossed over the wake on a wakeskate (Stef's wakeskate)! I suck at wakeskating..really, severely, suck. I tried to break his board loose into a slide, the fins caught, and I supermanned into the air and ate it bad. It probably looked pretty entertaining from the boat. Also, I did my first backside surface 180 (on my wakeboard) at full speed. I used to do them (and surface 360's) at a really slowed speed. But since I'm a bit better, more brave (or stupid?), I figure I'd give it a try. I got the handle pass and then caught a good hard edge on my switch, what felt like flying towards the wake, got tripped up, and let go. Oh well..that'll need some work ;)

Anyways, here are few pictures. Nothing special.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home