Saturday, September 08, 2007

Living for the unknown...dreaming...

It's been about 5 months since I left Thailand. A wonderful trip, yet stressful with the wedding. It was way too short in the end. And if you know me well, you know I get itchy feet very often.

Next month, Sean and I will got to Pittsburgh for a long weekend for a friends wedding. Then spent the Christmas holidays in Arizona with his parents. But I need something more exotic...

We're going to Costa Rica in February for our friends wedding. A great reason to make a trip. Now Costa Rica is a bit more expensive, so we'll have to figure out the budget thing. But part of me tells me to just do a 'dream trip', buy a one-way ticket and make my way back home overland. It would take months to do...maybe even a half year. But something is telling me to just do it...

I just started looking in to volunteer opportunities with conservation societies and with organic farms. There's one that peaks my interest a lot -- with a turtle conservation effort. There may be some risk involved to it, as you'd be patrolling the beaches at night for illegal poachers and fishers. Which sounds a bit scary...but at the same time would be an act of selflessness that I wouldn't mind doing (within reason, of course). I could see myself spending a good month or so there, actually...

Ah...I am such a dreamer. I have enough money that could potentially last me 6-8 months travelling through Central America and Mexico. It is extremely tempting...

I've mentioned it to Sean, and he said it sounded pretty interesting. He wouldn't be able to do the whole trip with his work commitments. Plus, he's fine with just a 2-week vacation. He doesn't like to be gone that long. We could always plant to meet somewhere during the trip -- like say..I'll make it to so-and-so city by this date. Meet me there. He's always been extremely supportive of my travelling habits, letting me go without a fight. I feel like I always come back a better person than before...

And so at this moment, it's just a thought, a dream. If it'll happen, I don't know. But I will be going to Costa Rica in Feb, that's all I know. When I'm coming back...TBD...

1 Comments:

Blogger textile_fetish said...

Marisa! That's what I love about you :) Plus, it means I can always call you up and tell you I'm on the fence about something, then you tell me just to do it. I'm glad I read your post.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home