Monday, May 21, 2007

BBQ with Bobby Flay

Well...not quite...here's the story

Last night, Sean and I met Sarah and May up for dinner at the Salt Lick BBQ. May's roommate, Chuck, works there, so we had the hook ups and sat in his section. There was a long table behind ours, empty, and ready to be set up. A boot with fresh flowers in it was on each end. Chuck said that Bobby Flay was going to come eat there, and that was his table.

Luckily, we got there before Bobby Flay's (of Iron Chef and other food TV shows) entourage did. We were amid chowing down on the yummy BBQ, and sure enough, Bobby Flay and a whole entourage of people came and sat down at those tables. Funny thing is that if Chuck hadn't told us it was Bobby Flay, I wouldn't have even recognized him. He just looks like an ordinary guy (I know someone who kind of looks like him as a matter of fact). The owner's son? greeted the table, shook hands..there was a lot of hand shaking going on...and they got their meat and chowed down.

Well, I *love* the Salt Lick and think it's the best BBQ I've ever had...and if Bobby Flay is eating there, then it must be good, right?

Sean had a caffeine headache, so he went back to the car to take a nap. But the rest of us ended up spliting a few blackberry cobblers to end the meal...yum!

2 Comments:

Blogger textile_fetish said...

Remember when Gordon was talking about the BBQ "throw down" show they filmed in Austin? He mentioned a few places they'd visited about how much they loved Austin. Hmmm...he (Bobby Flay) must have a pretty solid place of eateries he favors all over the country.

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must confess I have a bit of a crush on Bobby Flay, which is odd since he is nothing like the kind of guy I am usually attracted to. I think I would have been very excited!

-corntastico

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home