Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thank goodness for health insurance!

Having visited various doctors for various reasons all of last year, I'm thankful to have health insurance. We got lucky since Sean was able to claim me as a 'domestic partner', since we're not married yet. I'm glad his company has that option.

I just got a year end bill from the allergist. If you don't recall, I have to have 3 serums mixed for 3 shots, which I receive 2 times a week (6 shots a week..ugh).

The total bill came out to $1680 -- for 3 serums mixed (my first set of vials) and 4 visits (yes, only 4 visits, which is 2 weeks worth of shots). Now here comes the good news!! With insurance, I only had to pay $95.20. A nice relief in the whole scheme of things. If this wasn't covered by insurance, I wouldn't be doing it at all...

1 Comments:

Blogger corntastico said...

My eyes are popping out of my head in disbelief... that'a heckuvva lotta money you didn't have to pay!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home