Monday, January 22, 2007

Increasing allergy shot concentration

So my allergist upped the dosage of the allergy shot I get. I assume that means that I'm getting a more concentrated, more potent serum now. I had the first dose of it today...

Before today...whatever they've been injecting in my left arm (one shot) has left me with a mosquito bite size welt that itches for days. It's actually not out of the norm. My right arm (two shots) does not have this problem. So I must assume that my left arm must be getting the brunt of the trees and grasses.

Today, I get my shots with my more potent dosage. My left has the same reaction -- welts up and itches. I don't notice it much (the size of the welt, that is) since I'm at work all day. Tonight, I noticed that my welt was about a 2 inch in diameter round raised welt, itchy like crazy!!! It looks like I have a deformed extra muscle in there. Now that..um..will have to ask the doc about that...I have been gobbing anti-itch cream on it, and it's not helping, either.

Currently, the meds I have in my purse are generic Claritin and Sudafed, Nasonex, and Proventil (asthma med)...now I'll be adding a tube of hydrocortizone cream to the list...

On the bright side, I'm glad that my dark skin hides all my prick marks...because there are so many of them now! Damn pricks!

1 Comments:

Blogger textile_fetish said...

Ew shots!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home