Saturday, December 09, 2006

Scarf made for a Russian winter

My friend Sarah is planning a trip to Russia this winter. She's a Texan gal used to warm weather and..well...Texans break out their overcoats in 60 degree weather...

I made her a scarft to brave the Russian winters -- last year, a record year I think, it went down to -40F! I didn't have a pattern, just patchworked it, used a little math, and made it work. With that in mind, here's what I made...




Quilting best seen from the backside






Materials: Polartec Classic 200 FleeceThe top layer is patchworked on the sides. The middle layer is a layer of polyester quilt batting. The bottom layer is the same material as the top.

The scarf is quilted throughout. Long enough to wrap around your neck once then over your head and then some. It was approved by her Russian boyfriend who spent the -40 F winter there last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home