Monday, November 20, 2006

East Austin Studio Tours

Sarah and I did the East Austin Studio Tour yesterday. Never enough time to visit every studio, but we did get to Slugfest Printmaking, Gallery Dv8, Austin Metal Authority, Lion tiger Bear Studios, David Ohlerking II/Chris Chappell, Hardcourt Studios, and Ginko Studios/Philippe Klinefelter. And my all-time favorite being Ginko Studios. After years of holding back, I finally ended up buying two of her pieces -- a plate and a bowl that are now sitting in my curio.

It's always good to see artists and their works. They're all so inspiring. Sometimes we, artisans (working under other people...), need a swift kick in the butt to show us that we can do it on our own, given the drive and determination. And E.A.S.T. always inspires me.

Here are some of the things we saw today...


Slugfest Printmaking



Gallery Dv8



Austin Metal Authority



Austin Metal Authority



Ginko Studios (work in progress)



Ginko Studios

2 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

I love Ginko studios, but I can't afford a thing!

8:32 AM  
Blogger marisa said...

I shouldn't afford it..but this was the third time I've been there. I'd walked out empty handed both times before..I just couldn't resist! :)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home