Tuesday, October 31, 2006

And the latest news of the day is...

...I might have asthma...

Yup, so I went to the allergist for the evaluation today. It was just going over the paperwork, doctor questioning me and whatnot. Nothing too exciting.

I go in for the allergy prick and scratch test next Tues. It'll be on the arm, not the back. What sucks is that I'm not allowed to take any antihistamines until the test, and my allergies are hella bad right now. But the good news is the doctor gave me a sample of Nasonex, a nasal spray...the bad news is that he says that it generally doesn't start to work for a few (3-5) days...but I can take Sudafed (except for on the testing day), which means that I have to sign my life away to the pharmacies since those damn meth users have pulled it off the shelves...sheesh. Ah, more good news..the pulled muscle in my lower back seems to have gotten better :)

For a person who eats decently, exercises, doesn't smoke, and rarely drinks, I've got some pretty interesting health issues going on...Which leads me to wonder if one things aggravating/causing another. Like if my lifelong struggle with allergies has caused my immune system to break down to the point that I have Hashimoto's or vice versa? Hmmm...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went through that whole allergist routine years ago. In the end, I thought it was just bunk. I took the shots for several years, but saw no improvement.

Over time, my allergies just eased up by themselves. I wonder if there is any particular type of pollution where you live that is affecting you.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop Falling said...

I use that nasonex stuff and it has really helped me!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I can relate!

I do not exercise as much as I should, but I eat pretty healthy, don't smoke and very rarely drink. I still have issues.

9:20 AM  
Blogger marisa said...

Nasonex is starting to work, now! :)

Pollution is not so much of a problem here (grew up in a city much larger w/bad pollution). Austin has a high concentration of allergens. One - mountain ceder (juniper asheii)- I am highly allegic to -- I'm sure of it because of it's seasonality and also because there are a lot near where I live.

I'll try the shots out and see what happens...

5:10 PM  
Blogger textile_fetish said...

Bradley's mom has asthma. She RUNS every-other-day or so around town lake. That's how she worked through the asthma. She started running. Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

I agree with anonymous that it is bunk. Imagine how much money they get from people coming in for those shots!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home