Saturday, May 06, 2006

Fucked ankle....argggg!!!

The title says it all...

We've had some crazy storms lately, so we haven't been able to tell what the weather is going to do, and all of the forecasts have been off. Stef just got the boat back recently (it'd been in the shop), so we haven't been wakeboarding in a few weeks. We've all been antsy to get to it.

The storms rolled through during the night. We woke up to fairly sunny skies. Sean called Stef to see what it was like down there. We set a time to meet up at Stef's at noon to go wakeboarding.

It was amazing how relatively smooth the water was. Amazing. Not too many boats out. I had two really good sessions. Getting better at jumping and trying to get the progressive edge going on. Had quite a few heelside one wake jump attempts, a few ollie attempts, and one or two toeside jumps as well.

Needless to say my second session ended before I wanted it to. I did a heelside one wake jump, missed the landing, the front of my board caught the water, and I flew in face forward. Now the the crash into the water didn't hurt...

Usually when I take a face plant, I fly out of my bindings. This time, my feet got hanked less than half way out, so my ankles were flexed, and that's how I fell in. My ankles were a bit sore from that..not too bad, just a bit sore. Like they'd been sprained or popped out of the joints.

I'm doing okay throughout the afternoon and into the evening. Fast forward to now, 9:47pm..I'm blogging here, with a pack of HEB frozen strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries on my ankle (we don't have ice yet), which rests on a chairpad on top of a small file box. The pain in my left ankle just seems to get worse and worse by the moments (my right ankle is fine, thankfully!). As of now, I can no longer walk normally at all! At first, I managed to step lightly on my left, and hobble around. Now, I'm fully hopping on my right...soon, I'll be sick of hopping, so I'll just be dragging my own ass on the floor...

Yeah, I guess this is my first real wakeboard injury. The time I split the inside of my lip...it heeled up pretty quickly. Well, I can't get injured if I don't play, and if I don't play, and don't have fun...so..it all goes with the sport. The veins on my foot have popped out and shown themselves, too. Well, hopefully it's a sprain and won't last too long...

Well, I'm going to be productive and do some sewing. I don't need my left leg to do that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home