Sunday, April 02, 2006

chocolatey goodness!

A recipe for chocolatey goodness...



The only thing I know how to cook is chocolate. Hey, that's not exactly a bad thing, right? And damn, I think I do a fine good job at it, too.

I made my 'famous amongst my friends' home made chocolates - in dark chocolate and in white chocolate.



Ingredients:
- Callebaut Semi-Sweet 51.5% cocoa Belgian chocolate
- Callebaut Bittersweet 60.5% cocoa Belgian chocolate
- El Rey Venezuelan white chocolate
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Heath bar bits

No there is no science to this madness. There is no strict recipe. I just combine ingredients as I feel like it..and well, with these ingredients..you just can't go wrong at all.

First, I cut up the chocolate bars into chunks.



Next, I melt the semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolates together in a pot on very low, mixing all the time so that it doesn't fry to the bottom of the pot (I don't have a double boiler). At the same time, I melt the white chocolate, but use a bigger pot, fill with a little water, then melt the white chocolate in a smaller pot inside the bigger pot, to kind of create a double boiler (heat on very low, stir constantly). From prior experience, I've learned that white chocolate burns easily, so it's better to have a double boiler setup for melting white chocolate.

Once all the chocolate is melted, I add spoonfuls and spoonfuls of crunchy peanut butter. Mix well. Then add Heath bar bits to your liking.

When everything is mixed well, pour the chocolate mixture into a foil-lined pan/pyrex container/etc. Get some of the contrasting chocolate (ie. the batch mixed is dark choc...get the white choc), drizzle lines of the contrasting chocolate onto the surface of the main batch. take a knife and drag through vertically and horizontally to create the feathered pattern. Sprinkle Heath bar bits on the top. Refridgerate.







When the chocolate is completely cooled and hard (I left mine in the fridge overnight), you can take the chocolate out of the containers (just pull the foil up), and chop it up into decadent pieces.

Viola! Chocolatey goodness that makes people swoon. I have gotten a few marriage proposals out of my chocolates from both girls and guys ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger corntastico said...

Man, those look good!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home