Friday, March 24, 2006

neverending snot factory

I've been sick for over a week now. It's like a sinus infection/sinusitis/bronchitis that started early last week. Late last week, I thought I was starting to get over it, only to have the infection linger on. Well, it's Friday today, and well, the infection is still here. One side of my sinuses are infected -- I can tell because out of one nostril comes out clear snot..out of the other is a putrid almost Mountain Dew-y color. And the coughs! Well, the coughs are lessening, which is good. But still here, every once in a while.

So I decided to go to the doctor today (finally). I'm not one for going to doctors. But I needed to get prescriptions for some sort of antibiotics.

The doc was cool. She told me everything I already knew. But wrote me up a prescription for Amoxicillin.

Uh, I hope they didn't screw up my prescription...anyways, I get the pills, take a look at them..they're the hugest pills I have ever seen in my entire life. They're 875 mg of amoxicillin, that I'm supposed to take 2x a day. Now I don't even weigh 100 pounds. As a matter of fact, I'm barely above what's classified as the 'children's weight' for dosage, which is 40 kgs (88 lbs) -- I'm about 43 kgs (95 lbs). It's a pretty damn high dosage and will probably kill everything in my system. hopefully it'll do the trick...

damn horse pills!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home