Monday, March 27, 2006

craving ink...

well, if you know me, you know I seem to get a hunger for getting a tattoo or piercing every few years...

funny, I put a lot off when I was in my latter years of college because I was going to become a corporate whore. Been there, done that, and out of the corporate whoring world.

My last tattoo was a prajam yam, a thai lotus design, on my upper back. I got it a little over a year ago. But now I'm craving more...For a few years, I wanted stars..stars trickling down my back. But I've decided to keep my back reserved, since it's taken up by other things. Now I'm thinking my right shoulder...stars grouped at the top, then spacing out more and trickling down.

And one that I really want to get, but haven't drawn the design yet...a fairy. I love mythical creatures. Dragons, fairies, gargoyles, you name it.

I've got a Japanese dragon on my lower back, my favorite tattoo, although fading now since I've had it for almost 8 years. I remember getting it...going up to Austin for July 4th weekend, getting it July 4th, 1998. It was really symbolic to me as I had recently gotten out of a really bad abusive relationship. This dragon, to me, symbolized the inner strength and power I had needed to get through tough times as well as the strength I gained from getting out of the relationship. And feeling the physical pain of the needle...the neurons firing impulses from my spine to my legs...oh, it felt so good...

Now back to the fairy...so I'm thinking..once I get more toned in the midsection (yes, I know I'm thin, but I still have my problem areas!)...a fairy somewhere around my hip/side abs. I haven't decided on her pose yet, which will determine how tall the tattoo will be. So many ideas. I just need to start sketching them out. Well, need to work the damn midsection out first ;)

Also, a few years ago, I stretched my lower ear holes out to 10 gaugers. But I took them out last year and let them shrink back. I thought I was done with that, but I'm having a tendancy to go back to stretching. I had wanted to stretch them to 8 guage, since there are so many more options when it comes to body jewelry at 8 rather than 10...I just never got them to 8 at the time. I had a pair of pincers that I had in my holes as well as sterling silver tubing I cut off and put o-rings on. I lost so many o-rings, that I just gave in. They shrunk down to 14 gauge, which I have circular barbells for..but then kept on losing the balls, and they'd fall out...and you know, none of that stuff is cheap either...so I let them shrink back to small size.

what to do, what to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home