Sunday, March 05, 2006

Back to the old stomping grounds...

I had a to go to Houston this weekend for my friend's bridal shower.  Yup, it's *that* time in my life, where it seems that a lot of the parties I'm going to are bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and weddings...


The bridal shower was in Sugarland, my old stomping grounds from when I was 17-19 years old.  I didn't live out there, but I worked out there and spent a lot of time out there.  I even dated two boys from Sugarland back in the day.


I had to take West Airport Blvd until it turned into Dulles Ave.  Funny thing is...it's been about 10 years since I've been in that area...I couldn't even remember where Dulles Ave was.  But I used to tromp by there all the time.


I passed by Dulles High School, where my first two boyfriends went.  The party was in the neighborhood just down the road from Dulles High, Sugar Creek.  The neighborhood sounds so familiar, but I'm really picking my brain for this one. 


Anyways, the party was good, lots of lingerie passed around.  I got her a red satin piece of lingerie and a box of condoms (hey, *someone* had to, and I was that someone!). 


Leaving the party, I was tempted to go back to explore the rest of the old stomping grounds, around Williams Trace, Highway 6, Schlumberger Road, etc.  But I decided not to.  I decided not to because there are painful memories that lurk in the back of my head from those years.  And going back would torture myself into visiting the past.  Something that I wished not to do.  So I went back to my mom's place instead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home