Monday, January 23, 2006

I wanted new clothes... (not Africa related)

I wanted new clothes...so I decided to make a shirt.  I used Simplicity pattern 4887 - D.  It looked cute, only 4 pieces to cut out, simple enough.  The material I used was strechy material I bought a long time ago that has been sitting on my shelf begging to be used.  Skill level: Very easy.  And well worth the few hours spent making it...



Don't ask me about that pose, I'm just messing around (and I'm still super dark from Africa)



Back view of shirt


What do you think?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

Hey, just blog-surfing. Cute top!!! Very inspiring! I've only just sewed 2 stuffed animals but would love to try clothes!

7:56 PM  
Blogger marisa said...

Thanks rachel! It's actually not so bad once you get the hang of it. My advice -- practice with cheap material first. That way, you can figure out sizing and how to adjust for your own measurments. :)

Oh yeah, and don't give up. Once I sewed half of a shirt inside out and half right side out. I was frustrated after all that work..but it's how you learn!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home