Thursday, October 27, 2005

Yay, polartec remnants!

Well, as you may or may not know, I'm into sewing. I really like making cheap gear...you know, because everything from REI or the like, anything "Polartec", is expensive, and is usually to big for me.

So about a month ago, I put in an order to Malden Mills for the 17+ total yards of remnant fabrics. I did this to kind of check out what they had, and for $45 (that's $2.65 a yard), I figured, hey, it's worth the gamble. Plus, beats buying the fabric by the yard from them for anywhere from $7.49 to $29.99 a yard!!!

I just took a brief look through the bag, almost as tall as I am, that I arrived on my porch today. There are large pieces in there, around 1-3 yards. And some fun, fancy fleece fabrics. I haven't looked that closely to see what is what, but it seems like a pretty good buy.


Bonnie is inspecting my Malden Mills purchase.

My plan is to knit a wooly hat, and line it with Polartec fleece for my Kilimanjaro climb. Well, first, I have to learn to knit a wooly hat...If I don't learn soon, heck, I'll just make a double layered hat out of the fleece.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

godamn sewing skills and lots of gear material to play with.. that is like my dream combo! (cheaper than beyond fleece)

Lanny

12:33 PM  
Blogger marisa said...

Heck yeah! It happens that they sent me another bag of the same size (not sure if that was accidental or was part of the 17+ yards)..now I have so much technical fleece, I don't know what to do with it all! Woohoo!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home