Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A world away, a world of a difference

Well, as you might or might not know, I'm planning to scale Mt. Kilimanjaro in December, hoping to summit New Years Eve. I am nowhere near ready to do this feat. Shoot, I haven't even prepared my gear list one bit.

But anyways, it's in my mind. I've decided to help out with the Kilimanjaro Porter's Assistance Project based in Moshi, through Mountain Explorers. It entails bringing over donated gear (clothing) from companies in the US to Tanzania. It's really the least I could possibly do.

Africa will be a completely different world to me, nothing like I know. But seeing how hard the porters worked on the Inca Trail, and not doing anything to support the porter projects there last year bugs me in a way. This time, I will do what I can. I hope this little thing -- being a gear courier -- makes a difference in someone's life.

1 Comments:

Blogger lys said...

The Porter Assistance Project sounds great. I've got some technical clothing that's in good condition that I don't wear any more -- email me if they can use that kind of stuff. Most of it is women's size small or medium.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home