Saturday, October 01, 2005

Ollie ollie ollie!!!

Went wakeboarding this afternoon/eve. It was quite a packed boat -- me, Sean, Stef, Karan, Peter, Peter's next door neighbor Dawnelle, and another chick Lisa.

In short, my first run was so shitty. The water was ridiculously choppy, and I worked so hard at just keeping myself up. I went outside of the wake, to attempt a heelside jump, but damn, I was whipped so bad by the choppiness of the water, I just crossed the wake, and then soon after gave in.

My second run was great. Nice, nice water. I went outside of the wake on my toeside, and tried some ollies. I just decided to go for it. I got one good one in, where I felt like I got a bit of air. The others seemed small. I did my fair share of falling while learning how to ollie. Also failed miserably at a few heelside jumps. Tried 3, and each time fell and popped my wakeboard off my feet.

I bought Sean the Roam wakeboard for his belated birthday present. It has no fins or not edges on the bottom. It's kind of like a wakeskate that's attached to your feet. Well, this may be the new favorite board on the boat. Stef and Karan liked it, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dewdrop Falling said...

You are so awesome! I actually know those terms like "ollie" because Forest says them all the time.

11:35 AM  
Blogger marisa said...

Natalie, you're such a cool mom ;)

Ollies are fun. You know, we bought a skateboard to try to practice them on land. Of course, I've fallen a few times already. Um...going to lay off if it until I get some pads and a helmet. I'm no spring chicken anymore!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home