Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Stitch Austin

I sent an email to Jesse at Amet and Sasha about volunteering for the Stitch Fashion show on Nov 13th. I got the okay to volunteer. Yay!

Stitch is a collaboration of local indie artisans showcasing their works. There's a catwalk runway show as well as dozens of vendors, some of whom I know, such as Rachel of Pio Playground, Kristin Laing, Raquel of Goseep. I could have sworn that Natalie of Ornamental Things was a vendor there last year, but her name wasn't on the list.

I think it would be a good idea to volunteer (since I don't have my shit together to vend) to check out the scene, see what sells, and most importantly, to network. These girls know what they're doing. The Austin Craft Mafia is quite a strong group of chicas. I admire them for pursuing their own businesses of handmade goodies. I'm hoping one day to do the same..just a risky move that I'm not ready to take yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home