Sunday, July 10, 2005

Learning to purl

I spent quite a bit of time in front of the tele this weekend...and learning to purl. Purl? What's that? Well, it's a knitting stitch? I don't even know the terminology :p

But I tried, failed a few times, then finally pinned it down. The next step was to try the stockinette stitch. I started knitting a skinny scarf with mostly stockinette pattern, broken up by a few garter knitted rows.

And here is my attempt (same yarn, I know..I'm not going to get any fancy yarn until I know what I'm doing):



5 Comments:

Blogger lys said...

Cute and fuzzy! It took me a while to get the hang of the purl stitch since I knit continental style. Don't despair, it gets easier! :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hey, just stumbled onto your blog. I guess you could call this your last stitch effort? :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger marisa said...

Nice one, mark! ;) I need to come up with some of those creative things like that for the titles of my entries :p

Gosh, I wish I got into knitting last year...I could have picked up so much yarn (alpaca, I think) in Ecuador! Oh well...that means I'll have to go back :D Or lys, you can make that your next trip ;)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

If you still need help purling, I can show/help you the next time I see you!

5:53 AM  
Blogger marisa said...

Thanks, dixie!! I *think* I've got the hang of it now. It took me a few tries, though :)

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home