Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Downward facing doggie style

I decided to check out the Yoga for Climbers class at the rock gym today. I've never done yoga before, I'm pretty clumsy as is, and my balance is horrible...

Yoga kicked my ass!!! The girl who teaches the class, Laura, is so strong, ripped like hell. It was a one hour session..and at points, my legs were quivering with pain, I fell on my face and to the side, I felt lightheaded...damn, I didn't know yoga could be so hard!!! But it was a great session! I am so sore from it.

Some of the poses we did:
- Plank Pose
- Downward-facing Dog -- gee..that's an attractive one ;)
- Salutation Seal
- Half Moon Pose
- Cobra Pose
- Bow Pose
- Eagle Pose
- Plow Pose
- Supported Shoulder Stand
- Upward-facing dog
- Chair Pose
- Extended Side Angle
- Side Plank Pose
- Warrior III pose

We also did a few where we were on our hands, lifting both feet up off the ground in different ways...very hard! And one of them resulted in a face plant to the floor, and thunking and thudding on the floor (from me!).

I'm just glad we didn't do the Wind Relieving pose because I would have made some noise :p

So as I was googling "yoga pose", I came across this site. It is sooooo hilarious!!! :D

3 Comments:

Blogger lys said...

The first time I went to an Ashtanga class, I made it through the first five sun salutations (surya namaskar A) at the beginning of class, looked at the clock, and realized it would be a very long 2 hours! I wasn't sure I was going to make it through the class... After the class, I had dinner with a friend, and my arms were so exhausted I could hardly pick up the eating utensils.

Hang in there, it gets better!

10:37 PM  
Anonymous BillE said...

I'm good at the "Laying on the floor drunk pose"

4:50 PM  
Blogger marisa said...

I'm *still* sore from yoga!!!

Good one, bill! Can you send me a picture of that pose? ;)

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home