Sunday, May 29, 2005

Recon projects...

I've been wanting to revamp my wardrobe lately. I'm getting sick of seeing the same things, day in, day out. I want something new!!! But I don't want to spend the money...

One reconstruction project I started sometime last year, but never finished, was turning my Slickrock Belize T-shirt, which was way too big for me, into something fun that I could wear and not feel like it was drowning me.

On the front of the T-shirt was a Slickrock logo. On the back is a large colorful image of a kayaker paddling into the sunset towards the island with palm trees on it. At the bottom of the image is "BELIZE" in large letters. I loved the image, but needed something that would fit much better.

Thus comes out the scissors. Snip, snip, snip! I decided to use the image that was on the back of the shirt as the front of a tube top style shirt with a "V" halter strap. I cut a rectangle out -- the image and a bit further below it for the length of the shirt. For the back side, I used what was the front of the T-shirt, since it was blue..leaving the Slickrock logo out (sorry, Slickrock! :p ). I used some of the leftover fabric to make the V halter straps.

I sewed the front to the back, until it fit nicely..not too snug, not too loose. I sewed a casing at the top for 1/4 inch elastic. I hemmed the bottom with a stretch stitch -- this makes the bottom roll up, like unfinished T-shirt material does. I sewed the V halter strap, pulled it right side out, then sewed it to the top of the tube top. Added wooden pony beads to the end of the straps and tied them off..and Viola!!! A new top is born! :D

Reconstructed top - front (was the back of a T-shirt) Posted by Hello

Recon top - back side...note to self..windex mirror before attempting Craftster style pics...(I think it's been months since I cleaned the mirror..yuck!!!) Posted by Hello

Recon top - back side -- wooden beads on the ties Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home