Saturday, March 26, 2005

Latest DIY projects...


My first knitted scarf! Posted by Hello


So I finished my first knitted scarf today. Well actually, I had started one using size 7 needles, and it was just taking so damn long. Plus, it had quite a few holes it in (I was going to sew buttons over them to "disguise" the holes). I wanted immediate results! So I picked up a skein of extra bulky yarn and a pair of size 17 needles. I just did a regular stitch (I don't know the terminology), about 10 across? I finished it in a few sittings...not bad. And it's warm, fuzzy, and cute!!!

Modelling my new scarf Posted by Hello


A while back ago..actually, probably about a month ago? I finished my crochet hat. It was that one that started off as the penis hat/nipple cover. I messed up on it, tried decreasing since the pattern called for a larger size than my head, then increased it back. It has a dent in it, but when I wear it...you can't tell.

Modelling my crochetted (is that a word?) hat Posted by Hello

It doesn't quite match my dress... ;) Posted by Hello


I know I'm not really into the fancy schmancy yarns yet...just trying to learn and practice on the cheap acrylic stuff...but I went to visit the Bluebonnet Yarn Shoppe in Cedar Park that just opened recently. I've never been to a yarn shop before, and was just enthralled at the colors and textures of yarn surrounding me. It's a pretty cool shop! And damn, expensive nice stuff too. I found one skein that was $20! Ouch. I'll wait till I get much, much better at this before splurging on one of those skeins. Needless to say, it was a pretty neat place! If my sister ever comes out here, we'll be shopping there ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger lys said...

Oh, cute projects! Yarn stores are dangerous places for me... A $20 price tag on a skeinn of yarn? You'd have a heart attack if you saw the price tag on a 1-oz skein of qiviut! :)

10:10 PM  
Blogger lys said...

Oh, and the next time you head out to SF, I'll take you to Artfibers. You would have so much fun there.

10:15 PM  
Blogger marisa said...

Oooohh..that artfibers place looks neat! :)

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home