Thursday, March 17, 2005

Experimental night pics

Sean took me to the rodeo on Tuesday evening, to go see Maroon 5. It was a surprise for my upcoming birthday. I wanted to take my camera to take pics of the rides with long exposures, but we weren't sure if we'd be able to get in, so we left it in the car.

The rodeo was neat, except for the parts where they roped the calves by the neck and another guy roped the feet, or when they'd rope the calve and hog-tie it. Didn't really like those parts. The rest was pretty neat.

The concert was good. I felt old, though. I'd say most of the population was under 21. Lots of middle school girls with tons of eye makeup on, trying to look old. And here's something new to me. Waving lighters in the air to a song..no more. Kids now wave cell phones that are lit up in the air. It was so bizarre, it was really creepy actually. But I had to participate a bit, so I screamed like a 14 year old girl..always followed by a laugh, because I just couldn't hold it in. And Sean gave me his cell phone to wave in the air..that lasted..oh..2 seconds, before I couldn't stop waving it because I was laughing too much.



Power plant pic Posted by Hello

Another power plant pic Posted by Hello

After the concert, we went back to the car. It would be a while for us to get out, so I whipped out my camera and took some fun pics. Most are brakelights or parking lot lights. Now I can't wait till the carnival comes to Cedar Park, so I can take some experimental shots of the rides!

Here are some pics from the rodeo parking lot...

Brake lights Posted by Hello

More brake lights/headlights Posted by Hello

Cigarette lighter Posted by Hello

Brake lights and more Posted by Hello

Brake lights/Head lights Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Blogger K Jones said...

Marisa,
Found your blog on bootsnall and decided to give you a look-see. I'd say you have a lot of fun. The rodeo thing takes a while to get used to, but eventually you will fully root for the bulls to step on someone. Not maliciously, mind you, but they were probably the little calf once.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Salah el Din said...

I like thouse Pic. I started to expermening with my Camra, bu t I never got anything like that.

7:17 PM  
Blogger marisa said...

Salah, I used a long shutter speed...the longest being 20 seconds, the shortest being about 1.5 seconds, and slowly swirled my camera around in front of car brake lights. It creates such fun effects!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home