Monday, April 05, 2004

I *am* a professional student!

Well well well...events and news pop up every day, it seems...

Saturday, I walked into class..the aura was as if someone had died. It was kind of spooky. All these glum looks on everyone's faces. Christina told me the bad news...that ACC is going through some accreditation problems and audits..every teacher has to have a degree. Gone from the jewelry program are...Philippe, Martha, Ricky, and Stanley. The only ones left are Bill and James. It just doesn't make sense...you're talking about people with up to 60 some-odd years of experience...and they're going to give them the boot?? Philippe said he would still teach on Saturdays, but it would not be for credit. I'll still try to take his class, but I was trying to finish up in a year. I'll just wait and see what happens...

Other than that, I started soldering links for the chain I'm making. A bit tedious, the instructions call for about 200 links. I think I might be able to do it with less, if I make a small necklace, like a choker. But we'll see.

Sean and I went to the Fine Arts Festival this weekend. It was really good. I scoped out the jewelry scene. It looks hopeful - all of the jewelry booths were swarming with potential customers. So I've got hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home