Monday, March 29, 2004

Fun with the new digi cam!

Well, the weekend went by way, way too fast. But it was a productive one!

Saturday, I continued working on my gold tapered bezel ring...didn't really feel like it, but I did. :P After class, I went to meet Sean at his soccergame at the Southeast fields. Hung out until the game ended, then we headed off to Precision Camera store on Lamar. Well, I spent about a whole paycheck on a new Canon EOs Rebel (300D) digital camera. It is sweet! Sean bought me a Sigma macro lens for around $500.

We got some supplies on Sunday to build the "studio in a box". It's made out of pvc pipe shaped like a cube, has iridescent light covers on the sides to diffuse the light, white art paper on top and the back, and the background color paper on the bottom. I took lots of pics (like over 100), to experiment with, and that camera is so awesome! A lot of it was experimentation with aperature and shutter speed. I need to learn more about photography, that's for sure!

All in all, it was a good, productive weekend, but it went by way too fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home